A place for me to ramble :)
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Bottles bottles bottles -everywhere- ugg!!
I like to look at pictures of babies who are the same age in development as my growing little bugger. I also like to check on average size and read about prenatal development. I try to blow off all the fluff that comes with the tiny tidbits of information that abounds on the pregnancy website. I also tend to check out more than one as the information can vary pretty significantly. On 4 websites today, they were selling bottles and/ or showing images of of a baby bottle feeding. I know it's stupid for this to irritate me, because that the mainstream world, but not one nursing baby. Too worried about showing boobies and selling products. It sucks. I think what is bothering me at the moment is that the less educated mother ( not college, but socially) is being inundated with this crap. She may think that nursing is a fine enough idea, but if she doesn't have it drilled into her that the best choice ( if you have a choice) is breast, she'll find it very easy to give up ( or hard to keep trying) when there is such a "good alternative." For that matter, it seems like breast is still viewed as the alternative method. A breastfed baby is natures norm, and it should be the norm in the pictures and the media.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment